Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Reunion


We had a lot of fun at the family reunion this year. It was fun being able to see family. Aunt May always does such a great job at planning the whole thing. Our family has climbed up to over 300 people and of course not everyone always makes it, but it seems like there was a really good turn out this year. Here is a picture of a small portion of the Harper family.
We had so much fun visiting
Sterling and I also had the assignment to make some big cowboy posters to stand up. I forgot to take a picture of them, but they are those big pictures with the face cut out of them so you can put your face in the hole and take a picture. We hung them up on the nails sticking out of the pavilion and tied the bottoms to bails of hay. I'm so glad it worked out.

My aunt Launa set up a fishing hole with my Grandma Dora's name on it. My grandma says that she has always hated her name, that was until Dora the explorer came out. Now she tells all the kids that she is Dora the Explorer.
I also got a kick out of my cousin's son Max. He is a crack up. We had a trading post set up where anyone could bring homemade things to trade. Little Max came up to his mom with a loaf of bread and she asked him where he got it. He said that he had gotten it from the trading post. His mom was a little bit puzzled and realized wait we didn't have anything to trade. Max just said that he took care of it. He went and picked some flowers, tied them up and put them on the table.
These are the clovers that Max left on the table for someone to enjoy.

Max

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hayley - Since no one in my family has a blog, this post means a lot! Thanks so much. It's so fun to see so many people in our family all together. That is a great story about Max too...I love that kid!

Shayleen Lunt said...

btw - Would you email me these pics? And any others from the reunion that you may not have posted? THANK YOU!

Launa said...

Haley thanks for posting the pictures of the family reunion. I am not very good at that kind of stuff. So it was fun to see them
Thanks Aunt Launa

Text-Ads

Links

Feeds