Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am a penguin

It all started last monday. I was feeling a bit tender down in that one area between my legs. I didn't think much of it, but by friday it didn't seem quite right. Sterling and I did some research on it and we thought it was a Bartholin gland cyst. We decided I probably should go see a doctor because it seemed to be getting worse. So we started calling gynocologists that would take our insurance. It was ridiculous! Every doctor we called was booked until September and I had a ping pong ball down between my legs. I finally called our insurance and they were able to get me in somewhere. So we go to this place and it turns out the insurance lady had sent me to a nurse practitioner. The nurse checks it out and her words were. "Oh you need to get that fixed." thank you I could have figured that out. She gave me some anibiotics and was out of there. After a bunch of hulabaloo with the insurance company, they finally found me someone that could ACTUALLY help me. So I went in today and It definately was what we thought it was. My Bartholin gland. Doctor England was really great.(He did his residency in Detroit so sterling had a lot to talk to him about since he went on his mission there)So anyway,the doctor explained what the Bartholin gland is and how it got that way. Apparently the cyst is really common in women 20-29 that have never been pregnant. There isn't much you can do to prevent it, it just happens. So the doctor ended up draining it and he put a catheter in. Sterling thought it was awesome to watch. I didn't think it was so awesome to feel. It's over though and now I'm waddling like a penguin.

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Oh that does not sound good or fun. Good thing you were able to get in and get things better. Good luck with recovering.

Stephanie said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry, I hope you get feeling better soon! :)We are thinking about you :)

m. gustafson said...

that doesnt sound fun bug. sorry! :(

Lori said...

Nurse Practitioners suck. I don't have good experiences with them also. I hope you feel better soon.

Text-Ads

Links

Feeds